About the Committee
JURISDICTION OF THE COMMITTEE ON NATURAL RESOURCES
(CLAUSE 1(M) OF RULE X OF THE RULES OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES)
1. Fisheries and wildlife, including research, restoration, refuges, and conservation.
2. Forest reserves and national parks created from the public domain.
3. Forfeiture of land grants and alien ownership, including alien ownership of mineral lands.
4. Geological Survey.
5. International fishing agreements.
6. Interstate compacts relating to apportionment of waters for irrigation purposes.
7. Irrigation and reclamation, including water supply for reclamation projects and easements of public lands for irrigation projects; and acquisition of private lands when necessary to complete irrigation projects.
8. Native Americans generally, including the care and allotment of Native American lands and general and special measures relating to claims that are paid out of Native American funds.
9. Insular areas of the United States generally (except those affecting the revenue and appropriations).
10. Military parks and battlefields, national cemeteries administered by the Secretary of the Interior, parks within the District of Columbia, and the erection of monuments to the memory of individuals.
11. Mineral land laws and claims and entries thereunder.
12. Mineral resources of public lands.
13. Mining interests generally.
14. Mining schools and experimental stations.
15. Marine affairs, including coastal zone management (except for measures relating to oil and other pollution of navigable waters).
17. Petroleum conservation on public lands and conservation of the radium supply in the United States.
18. Preservation of prehistoric ruins and objects of interest on the public domain.
19. Public lands generally, including entry, easements, and grazing thereon.
20. Relations of the United States with Native Americans and Native American tribes.
21. Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline (except ratemaking)